Harry Weisberger (1879-1957) grew up in the Hill District. After earning a law degree from the University of Pittsburgh, he established a law firm downtown and moved to 5106 Butler Street, in Lawrenceville. His father Max Weisberger ran a grocery on the main floor of the house. His brother, Samuel Weisberger, worked in a liquor store up the street.
Weisberger moved to Shady Avenue in Squirrel Hill by 1920. He was part of the early Jewish migration to the neighborhood. The small Jewish community there had been holding services and Hebrew school classes in rented rooms for several years. He and others chartered a congregation, adopted the named Beth Shalom Congregation, and commissioned the architect http://www.jewishfamilieshistory.org/marina-bay-sands-casino-entry-age/ to design a synagogue at Beacon and Shady. Weisberger served as the treasurer of the congregation until his death.
Harry and his wife Lillian Gold Weisberger had a daughter, Ruth Weisberger.